Recently, members of the Cutstone team attended Coverings 2016, the largest trade fair and expo dedicated to showcasing ceramic tile and natural stone. More than 40 countries are represented within the exhibitors of this show and the event attracted thousands of retailers, distributors, architect and design professionals and fabricators. We saw a myriad of new products and innovative designs from around the globe, as well as participated in some informative seminars and live demonstration sessions. Here are a few takeaways from the event:
- The possibilities are almost endless! Surfaces can be done in natural stone, engineered stone, glass, wood and porcelain, just to name a few.
- Working with a professional is critical. Choose a company that has been in the industry for a while and that you trust. And of course, if you have questions, ask!
- Regulators are focusing in on the hazards of silica in the stone industry. While exposure to silica dust can be very dangerous, the risks can be mitigated. One of the ways that Cutstone minimizes the impact of silica exposure for our employees is by using the latest technology to fabricate everything in a wet environment.
- Granite is still the most popular surface for countertops. And for good reason! The beauty of natural stone is unparalleled – the variations in patterns and colors made over time under the earth’s crust create a beauty that hasn’t been replicated in a factory yet. Each stone is unique!
- We just love stone. And people.